Tripadvisor gives over 20 000 results for gay beaches all over the world. here is the top ten of most popular ones in any what country.
1. Ipanema Farme in Rio – Top 10 gay beaches
Farme de Amoedo Street (Rua Farme de Amoedo) is an important LGBT Street in the city of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, going from Alberto de Campos Street to the Vieira Souto Avenue. In Rua Farme De Amoedo, 34, Ipanema, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil is Ipanema Plaza, a gay friendly hotel. Continue your walk along Rua Farme de Amoedo direction beach. At the end you meet perpendicularly Vieira Souto Avenue. Go to the left (Eastwards) to find the gay beach that is located between Postos 8 and 9.
2. New York’s Fire Island – Top 10 gay beaches
Fire Island is a long narrow island parallel to the shore of Long Island, NY. In 2012, Hurricane Sandy once again divided Fire Island into two islands. Together, these two islands are approximately 31 miles (50 km) long and vary between 520 and 1,310 feet (160 and 400 m) wide. Fire Island is part of Suffolk County. It lies within the towns of Babylon, Islip, and Brookhaven, containing two villages and a number of hamlets. Fire Island’s population varies seasonally. There are few residents in winter months, with the population rising in the late spring to early fall. Housing is mostly in bungalow-style with generous helpings of bamboo. Some are beachfront, built on the dunes of the Atlantic Ocean, while others are on boardwalks or concrete walks, like a miniaturised city. For year-round residents, there are schools, churches, shops and even a school bus service to Long Island via an off-road modified school bus. The quiet villages on Fire Island provide solitude, while the larger towns like Ocean Beach and Cherry Grove provide a more social atmosphere with clubs, bars and open-air dining. Two of these hamlets, Fire Island Pines and Cherry Grove, are destinations for LGBT vacationers.
3. Gran Canaria’s Maspalomas – Top 10 gay beaches
The most typical about Maspalomas are its dunes. Also, they form the most important pole of touristic attraction. During the last icetime the wind wiffled ocean sand towards the bush on the coast. It is the same plantation as you find abundantly on Fuerteventura. Still the wind does the dunes move over a distance of 2 to 5 m / year. Pity enough much of the dunes is gone now because of tourism though they are protected nature area since 1897.
4. Sydney’s North Bondi – Top 10 gay beaches
Bondi Beach is a popular beach in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia. It is located 7 km (4 mi) east of the Sydney central business district. Bondi, North Bondi and Bondi Junction are neighbouring suburbs. Bondi Beach is one of the most visited tourist sites in Australia. Bondi Beach played an important role in the launching of the bathing costume. It knew the 1907 Sydney bathing costume protests, organized to oppose proposed dress standards for beachgoers. The Local Government Act, Ordinance No. 52 was in force between 1935 and 1961 and resulted in public controversy as the two-piece “bikini” became popular after World War II. Meanwhile North Bondi Beach has become the best gay place to be in Sydney. At times it may be crowded but it is better for swimming than the South as it’s sheltered by the headland and has smaller waves. It’s particularly popular with boys and boys who like boys. You may bump into someone you met at a party at the other side of the world splashing out the surf. This is a place where people like to see and be seen. There’s plenty to see. There are lifeguards in budgie smugglers (Speedos), sunbathing on white sand under the endless sun. That’s typical Bondi Beach. Gay men and lesbians have traditionally hung out at the north end of the beach and the grass along the beachside, and have made it their own. The further north you go, the gay and skimpier attired it gets. This is a place where you can get everything, from ice cream to bangers to a date. Only there is no alcohol. It is prohibited outdoors the beach. But the beach is beach is lined with pubs, where revellers from across the world line up for tropical drinks.
5. Fort Lauderdale’s Sebastian Street Gay Beach – Top 10 gay beachesAfter NY Fire Island the second most popular gay beach of the States. Fort Lauderdale’s Sebastian Street Gay Beach is nestled along the corner of Sebastian Street and A1A across from the Casablanca Cafe. It is populated mostly by men.
Info on fortlauderdale.gaycities.com
6. Elia Beach, Mykonos – Top 10 gay beachesElia Beach, Mykonis is a larger beach and the most gay popular. It is a well-managed sandy beach with sun beds and shades for rent. The area is marked with a rainbow flag. At he other side it neighbors a water sports rental section. The gay section has the best quality above and below the waterline. Beyond the rainbow flag is a second beach that is almost entirely gay with some nudism. Further behind is a much smaller sandy cove that is mostly occupied by gay nude sunbathers. Sun beds and shades are available for rent. Drinks and food are served at the seats. At the nearby Arte & Mare Resort restaurant sandwiches, pizzas, pasta, salads are cooked and along with alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks delivered by runners to your bed. The beach staff also takes reservations for the following day. There is also a beach restaurant in the middle of the main beach, serving a wide selection of fish and meat dishes. None of these services are cheap, so bring your own water erc.
In the morning Elia Beach is quiet with people arriving around lunchtime and leaving in the evening. After 5pm, the rocky area beyond the beaches becomes very cruisy. The only privacy is behind stone walls, and even then you are definitely taking chances with the exceptionally prickly bushes that cover the rocks.
You can hire a car and drive to Elia beach. There is a car park at the beach. Or you can take the bus from the Northern Bus Station (close to the Old Port ferry quay), buses depart at regular intervals from 11am – check at the station for the current schedule. Or you can take a bus from the main Southern Bus Station to Plato Yailos, then catch the regular boat to Elia.
Info on travelgayeurope.com
7. Herring Cove, Provincetown – Top 10 gay beachesInfo on ptown.gaycities.com
8. Hilton Beach, Tel Aviv – Top 10 gay beachesFind info on travelgayeurope.com
9. Manuel Antonio Beach, Costa RicaExcept for the gay beaches Manuel Antonio in Costa Rica lays within the tropical rainforest zone. Manuel Antonio National Park lets you explore the wildlife and other beaches. gaymanuelantonio.com
10. Clifton 3rd, Cape Town, South Africa – Top 10 gay beachesFind info on gaycapetown4u.com or capetown.gaycities.com