Tripadvisor gives over 20 000 results for gay beaches all over the world. here is the top ten of most popular ones in any what country.
1. Ipanema Farme in Rio – Top 10 gay beachesFarme de Amoedo Street (Rua Farme de Amoedo) is an important LGBT Street in the city of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, going from Alberto de Campos Street to the Vieira Souto Avenue. In Rua Farme De Amoedo, 34, Ipanema, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil is Ipanema Plaza, a gay friendly hotel. Continue your walk along Rua Farme de Amoedo direction beach. At the end you meet perpendicularly Vieira Souto Avenue. Go to the left (Eastwards) to find the gay beach that is located between Postos 8 and 9.
R. Joana Angélica, R. Barão da Torre, R. Texeira de Melo and Vieira Souto Avenue form the Farme de Amoedo gay area block. It includes also the R. Visconde de Pirajá, R. Prudente de Morais, R. Vinicius de Moraes and R. Farme de Amoedo. This block, the Farme de Amoedo block is known to have Rio’s greatest concentration of gays. The area gets hot after 9:00 PM, when people mingle at the Farme de Amoedo surroundings gay friendly bars and gourmet restaurants. Farme de Amoedo’s main hub would be the corner of Farme and Visconde de Pirajá streets.
According to the Brazil Gay Guide, there are at least 5 specific gay bars and nightclubs close to the Farme de Amoedo block:
A Casa da Lua
Barão da Torre Street, 240
Farme de Amoedo Street, 87
Teixeira de Mello Street, 31
Dama de Ferro nightclub
Vinícius de Moraes Street, 288
Lounge 69 which is specialized in electronic music
Farme de Amoedo Street
Some other restaurants and bars at the region although not specific, are generally very receptive and gay-friendly, especially with foreigners. During carnival, tourists come from all over the world. According to the LGBT app Grindr, the gay beach part of Ipanema was elected the best of the world for LGBTs.
Find info on gayrio4u.com.
2. New York’s Fire Island – Top 10 gay beachesFire Island is a long narrow island parallel to the shore of Long Island, NY. In 2012, Hurricane Sandy once again divided Fire Island into two islands. Together, these two islands are approximately 31 miles (50 km) long and vary between 520 and 1,310 feet (160 and 400 m) wide. Fire Island is part of Suffolk County. It lies within the towns of Babylon, Islip, and Brookhaven, containing two villages and a number of hamlets. Fire Island’s population varies seasonally. There are few residents in winter months, with the population rising in the late spring to early fall. Housing is mostly in bungalow-style with generous helpings of bamboo. Some are beachfront, built on the dunes of the Atlantic Ocean, while others are on boardwalks or concrete walks, like a miniaturised city. For year-round residents, there are schools, churches, shops and even a school bus service to Long Island via an off-road modified school bus. The quiet villages on Fire Island provide solitude, while the larger towns like Ocean Beach and Cherry Grove provide a more social atmosphere with clubs, bars and open air dining. Two of these hamlets, Fire Island Pines and Cherry Grove, are destinations for LGBT vacationers.
The incorporated villages of Ocean Beach and Saltaire within Fire Island National Seashore are car-free during the summer tourist season (Memorial Day through Labor Day) and permit only pedestrian and bicycle traffic (during certain hours only in Ocean Beach). For off-season use, there are a limited number of driving permits for year-round residents and contractors. The hamlet of Davis Park allows no vehicles or bicycles year-round.
3. Gran Canaria’s Maspalomas – Top 10 gay beaches
The most typical about Maspalomas are its dunes. Also, they form the most important pole of touristic attraction. During the last icetime the wind wiffled ocean sand towards the bush on the coast. It is the same plantation as you find abundantly on Fuerteventura. Still the wind does the dunes move over a distance of 2 to 5 m / year. Pity enough much of the dunes is gone now because of tourism though they are protected nature area since 1897.
If you want to make a walk through the dunes you wait best until sunset or else at sunrise because during the day the sand can become burning hot. Unless you take a ride by camel through them, that’s possible by day also.
Is good for bird observation of e.g. kingfisher, curlew, and egret.
The lighthouse is on the southern point of Gran Canaria that also separates Maspalomas beach from Playa del Ingles beach. Near to the lighthouse you seel most families with children because it is the safest place of the surroundings. Nudists go near to Playa del Ingles.
This area is generally known for LGBT tourism although in winter it is quite populated with tourists from Northern europe as Scandinavia and also Germany, and the Netherlands.
The resort started as a contest for architects in 1961 with theme touristic urbanism. The French office SETAP won and builded the resort with a very personal style comparable with Palm Spring in and Palm beach non …ha. It has a touristic infrastructure with schools, hospitas casinos, cinema all for the tourist.
There is a only-English newspaper, de only one in the whle neighborhood serving 20 to 30 000 readers.
Info on the gay beaches on Gran Canaria brought by gay-grancanaria.com
4. Sydney’s North Bondi – Top 10 gay beachesBondi Beach is a popular beach in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia. It is located 7 km (4 mi) east of the Sydney central business district. Bondi, North Bondi and Bondi Junction are neighbouring suburbs. Bondi Beach is one of the most visited tourist sites in Australia.
Bondi Beach played an important role in the launching of the bathing costume. It knew the 1907 Sydney bathing costume protests, organized to oppose proposed dress standards for beachgoers. The Local Government Act, Ordinance No. 52 was in force between 1935 and 1961, and resulted in public controversy as the two-piece “”bikini”” became popular after World War II. Waverley Council’s beach inspectors, including the legendary Aub Laidlaw, were responsible for enforcing the law and were required to measure the dimensions of swimwear and order offenders against public decency off the beach. While vacationing in Australia during 1951, American movie actress Jean Parker made international headlines when she was escorted off the beach after Laidlaw determined her bikini was too skimpy. The rule became increasingly anachronistic during the 1950s and was replaced in 1961 with one requiring bathers be “”clad in a proper and adequate bathing costume””, allowing for more subjective judgement of decency. By the 1980s topless bathing had become common at Bondi Beach, especially at the southern end.
Sydney’s Water Board maintained an untreated sewage outlet not far from the north end of the beach which was closed in the mid-1990s when a deep water ocean outfall was completed.
North Bondi Beach is the best gay place to be in Sydney. At times it may be crowded but it is better for swimming than the South as it’s sheltered by the headland and has smaller waves. It’s particularly popular with boys and boys who like boys. You may bump into someone you met at a party at the other side of the world splashing out the surf. This is a place where people like to see and be seen. There’s plenty to see. There are lifeguards in budgie smugglers (Speedos), sunbathing on white sand under endless sun. That’s typical Bondi Beach. Gay men and lesbians have traditionally hung out at the north end of the beach and the grass along the beachside, and have made it their own. The further north you go, the gay and skimpier attired it gets. This is a place where you can get everything, from ice cream to bangers to a date. Only there is no alcolhol. It is prohibited outdoors the beach. But the beach is beach is lined with pubs, where revellers from across the world line up for tropical drinks.
5. Fort Lauderdale’s Sebastian Street Gay Beach – Top 10 gay beachesAfter NY Fire Island the second most popular gay beach of the States. Fort Lauderdale’s Sebastian Street Gay Beach is nestled along the corner of Sebastian Street and A1A across from the Casablanca Cafe. It is populated mostly by men.
Info on fortlauderdale.gaycities.com
6. Elia Beach, Mykonos – Top 10 gay beachesElia Beach, Mykonis is a larger beach and the most gay popular. It is a well-managed sandy beach with sun beds and shades for rent. The area is marked with a rainbow flag. At he other side it neighbors a water sports rental section. The gay section has the best quality above and below the waterline. Beyond the rainbow flag is a second beach that is almost entirely gay with some nudism. Further behind is a much smaller sandy cove that is mostly occupied by gay nude sunbathers. Sun beds and shades are available for rent. Drinks and food are served at the seats. At the nearby Arte & Mare Resort restaurant sandwiches, pizzas, pasta, salads are cooked and along with alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks delivered by runners to your bed. The beach staff also takes reservations for the following day. There is also a beach restaurant in the middle of the main beach, serving a wide selection of fish and meat dishes. None of these services are cheap, so bring your own water erc.
In the morning Elia Beach is quiet with people arriving around lunchtime and leaving in the evening. After 5pm, the rocky area beyond the beaches becomes very cruisy. The only privacy is behind stone walls, and even then you are definitely taking chances with the exceptionally prickly bushes that cover the rocks.
You can hire a car and drive to Elia beach. There is a car park at the beach. Or you can take the bus from the Northern Bus Station (close to the Old Port ferry quay), buses depart at regular intervals from 11am – check at the station for the current schedule. Or you can take a bus from the main Southern Bus Station to Plato Yailos, then catch the regular boat to Elia.
Info on travelgayeurope.com